Rich holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science with a concentration in Fitness and Wellness from Tennessee Tech University. He is a member of CrossFit’s Seminar staff. In 2010, after first-place finishes at sectionals and regionals, Rich went on to make his mark in the CrossFit community with a dramatic 2nd place finish at the 2010 CrossFit Games Finals in Carson, CA. In 2011, after much anticipation through the open sectionals and team regionals, Rich once again forged through the fierce competition in the men’s individuals finals to take 1st place in the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Games, earning him the title ‘Fittest Man on Earth.’ Rich defended his title in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and became the first male competitor to win the title back to back (and of course 3 and 4 times too). Rich has since gone on the lead the CrossFit Mayhem Team to two 1st place Reebok CrossFit Games finishes.
• Home State: Tennessee
• Owner of CrossFit Mayhem
• Four-time Fittest Man on Earth
• Four-time individual winner of The Reebok CrossFit Games
• Two-time winner of the Affiliate Cup Championship at The Reebok CrossFit Games with his team CrossFit Mayhem Freedom
• Owner of Train with Rich program
• Owner of Froning & Friends Podcast
• Official Good Dude
Want to WOD and party with Rich?