Proper travel documentation is required at embarkation and throughout the cruise for all guests. Even though a guest has completed the cruise line’s online check-in, it is still the guest’s responsibility to present the required travel documents at the time of embarkation. Any guest without proper documents will not be allowed to board the vessel, and no refund will be issued. Royal Caribbean International, WOD on the Waves, Landry & Kling and their agents/affiliates assume no responsibility for advising guests of proper travel documentation.

It is HIGHLY recommended that all guests travel with a passport that is valid for at least 3 months following the cruise return date. Passports are required in the event you need to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss the scheduled port of embarkation or if you need to fly back to the U.S. for emergency reasons. Traveling with a passport may also help to expedite your CBP clearance upon return to the U.S.

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) allows U.S. citizens (including children) sailing on cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port to travel with one of the WHTI compliant documents, including Valid U.S. Passport, Passport Card, Birth Certificate issued by a government agency along (original or notarized copy, please note hospital issued birth certificates are now allowed) with a government issued photo ID if 16 years of age and older, Original Certificate of Naturalization, Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card, e.g., Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card, Enhanced Tribal Card, A Consular Report of Birth Abroad or an Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL), which is only acceptable at land and sea ports of entry and cannot be used for air travel outside the U.S. The word ‘Enhanced’ must appear on the driver’s license. The following five states currently issue an EDL: Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont and Washington.

Copies of U.S. passports/naturalization papers, hospital certificates and baptismal certificates are not WHTI compliant documents and are therefore NOT acceptable.

The requirements above are for US citizens; non-US nationals may require entry visas in addition to their valid passports. NOTE! It is the responsibility of the guest to identify, obtain and present necessary visas before the start of their cruise vacation. Requirements vary based on the guest’s nationality. The laws that regulate the necessary travel documentation are subject to change and it is the guest responsibility to be aware of what is required for travel.

All Other Nationalities (Non-US Citizens) MUST have the following:

  • Passport from their home country.


  • Multiple entry United States visa (if applicable).

All non-U.S. or Canadian passport holders should contact their Embassy (Consular Services) for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees for their nationality.

For more information on the documentation requirements, go to